Re: Uses langdefs.py to create language list forcreate-weblinks-itexi.py

From: Graham Percival
Subject: Re: Uses langdefs.py to create language list forcreate-weblinks-itexi.py (issue 4951047)
Date: Sun, 4 Sep 2011 13:39:19 +0100

On Sat, Sep 03, 2011 at 10:36:28AM +0100, Phil Holmes wrote:
> Please see my previous email to you directly. I was trying to push a
> minor documentation change in another branch, and by mistake pushed
> this instead. I asked you to revert it because I don't know how.

ok, done.

> If you let me know, I'll add it to my list of git commands.

I think it's easy enough to google for this.

> I was waiting to get that sorted before responding to Jan.  My
> response is that I'm not very good at Python, and so was essentially
> writing Python in C-style.  Personally I find it easier to
> understand - I find a lot of the Python "short cuts" confusing style
> that probably add little in the way of performance, but I'm happy to
> change the line.

I know the feeling very well; to be honest, I'm still not
comforable with list comprehensions.  (that's the fancy term for
those [...blah...] things)

However, after a year of reading miscellaneous python tutorials /
idiomatic python sites / python optimization guides, I must admit
that everybody says they're worth getting use to (as well as being
faster!).  So I think it's best to bite the bullet and use them
more often -- especially since Jan kindly gave us exactly the line
we need.

Your CG patch about PYTHONHOME is slightly problematic.  It won't
work as printed on lilypond.org, because we don't follow the
recommended $HOME/lilypond-git thing there.  I think it would be
good to follow that advice, but I don't want to push something to
the CG that's wrong -- we have enough problems with the website
build as it is.  :(
This is only relevant in the "Graham is run over by a bus"
scenario, which I'm not planning on happening for at least the
next three months, but I'd still rather hold off on that.

Could you remind me to fix this on the server in a few days?  (or
maybe add an issue for it)