Re: GOP-PROP 11: git repositories

From: Reinhold Kainhofer
Subject: Re: GOP-PROP 11: git repositories
Date: Tue, 6 Sep 2011 20:02:55 +0200

Am Dienstag, 6. September 2011, 19:14:57 schrieb Phil Holmes:
> [...]

No, the doc and website build MUST NOT depend on anything that is not part of
the lilypond git repo.
Anything else does not simplify things, but rather complicates the build by
one more dependency (which we then also have to check for in the ./configure
script, properly document in the instructions, and most importantly also have
to regularly update/fetch to keep the main build working)...

The idea here is not to split up the current codebase to multiple
repositories. Rather, we have some branches in our git repository, which do
not have anything to do with the lilypond codebase. The proposal is to move
that code out of the lilypond git repository and into their own. Lilypond will
not depend on those other repositories at all.

cheers,
Reinhold
 * http://www.fam.tuwien.ac.at/, DVR: 0005886