Re: Improves some parmesan noteheads. (issue 4639065)

From: Benkő Pál
Subject: Re: Improves some parmesan noteheads. (issue 4639065)
Date: Wed, 14 Sep 2011 07:56:41 +0200

hi all,

the patch is ok from my point of view.  a minor question: the only change
in mensural-ligatures.ly is the version bump - is that needed?

>> Do you know what neomensural and mensural styles are inspired of?

I believe it uses the shapes of noteheads found in manuscript,
but scales them to fit between staff lines like modern noteheads
so that they don't collide if used in chords (extremely rare; I've seen
them only in cadences with breves or longae, never with the diamond
shape).

have you seen the facsimiles in the message
http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/lilypond-devel/2010-12/msg00398.html
?