Re: Rietveld workflow problems

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Re: Rietveld workflow problems
Date: Wed, 21 Sep 2011 15:04:05 +0200

Reinhold Kainhofer <address@hidden> writes:

> Am Wednesday, 21. September 2011, 10:52:37 schrieb David Kastrup:
>> Perhaps it would be nice if we found a way to play with "Gerrit",
>> supposedly a git-based system similar to Rietveld.
>
> I looked at gerrit a while ago. If you want to take a look at it:
> http://server.kainhofer.com:8088/
>
> Here is a quick summary:
>
> -) Each review is basically one commit in a branch on the gerrit server.

Well, that's pretty much what we already have.  If one can't link
related reviews in a manner that you can, say, _pull_ a reviewed patch
(which should automagically fetch any dependencies), I am not all that
clear of what it actually gives us in addition.

The basic advantage that I see is a separately maintained repository for
reviews, meaning that review material does not clutter up the main
repository permanently (once a commit has entered a repository, it is
close to impossible to remove all traces of it again).

Hm.