Re: Problem with make

From: Graham Percival
Subject: Re: Problem with make
Date: Thu, 22 Sep 2011 04:30:55 +0100

On Thu, Sep 22, 2011 at 01:59:53AM +0200, David Kastrup wrote:
> David Kastrup <address@hidden> writes:
>
> > "address@hidden" <address@hidden> writes:
> >
> >> hello,

> Expounding on that theory and doing pattern matching: does the problem
> get better or worse when you replace the > in
> python/book_snippets.py:781:                     > os.stat
> (single)[stat.ST_MTIME]))):
>
> with >= ?

I doubt that's the issue; AUTHORS.texi has nothing to do with
lilypond-book.  We do something weird and complicated to build the
TOPDOC_FILES.  I've tried poking around every so often, but I
always get lost around the third or fourth redirect.

If anybody wants to go spelunking, start off with
  git grep AUTHORS
and pay particular attention to any GNUmakefile or anything in
make/ or stepmake/ or stepmake/stepmake/ .  Sooner or later,
you'll find out exactly how AUTHORS.texi is built, but I would
budget at least an hour for grepping and reading various build
files.  Also, keeping notes with pen and paper might not be a bad
idea.