Re: Problem with make

From: Graham Percival
Subject: Re: Problem with make
Date: Thu, 22 Sep 2011 22:59:54 +0100

On Thu, Sep 22, 2011 at 11:52:36PM +0200, Reinhold Kainhofer wrote:
> That's all just speculation, though, based on experience and gut feeling.

Based on my spectulation and gut feeling from seeing this off and
on for the past IIRC 1.5 years, it happens more often when you're
building from an existing build dir (instead of a new one), and it
happens more often the more -jX options you use.

On my computer, with -j3 by default, I saw it something like 10%
of the time when building from an existing build dir, and
something like 2% of the time when building from a new build dir.