Output from woodwind-diagrams-key-lists.ly

From: Phil Holmes
Subject: Output from woodwind-diagrams-key-lists.ly
Date: Sat, 17 Dec 2011 15:50:55 -0000

Some of the output from make doc comes deliberately from regression tests. For example, woodwind-diagrams-key-lists.ly puts lots of information similar to the following on the terminal screen:

Printing keys in verbose mode for: piccolocc possibilities for one: (one oneT oneRT oneTR oneR oneRT1q one1qTR oneRT1h one1hTR oneRT3q one3qTR oneRTF oneFTR one1qT oneT1q one1q one1qT1h one1hT1q one1qT3q one3qT1q one1qTF oneFT1q one1hT oneT1h one1h one1hT3q one3qT1h one1hTF oneFT1h one3qT oneT3q one3q one3qTF oneFT3q oneFT oneF)

Which is all very well, if it were ever checked. Compiling same file in windows by dropping the file on the Lily icon produces a logfile with none of the above - it just vanishes. I think it's highly likely that the same is true for the regtest logfiles. Part of the reason for this would appear to be that the print-keys-verbose instruction prints to stdout, whereas pretty much all other lily output goes to stderr.

I'd like to get rid of it.  Options would appear to be:

1. Make a special case for output like this and redirect the stdout as well as stderr output to a logfile - currently I've not done this since for all the other files, it adds no value. 2. Rewrite display-woodwind-diagrams.scm so that it outputs to stderr - this would make the regtest actually work, since the logfile would be compared
3. Get rid of the regtest.

Thoughts, please?

--
Phil Holmes