Re: Labelling of patches

From: Phil Holmes
Subject: Re: Labelling of patches
Date: Sat, 17 Dec 2011 18:58:06 -0000

----- Original Message ----- From: "Carl Sorensen" <address@hidden>
To: "Phil Holmes" <address@hidden>
Cc: "Devel" <address@hidden>
Sent: Saturday, December 17, 2011 4:15 PM

On Dec 17, 2011, at 6:54 AM, "Phil Holmes" <address@hidden> wrote:

On the tracker, we use labels to categorise issues. Is there any reason we shouldn't use a specific label just for patches ("Patch")? This will make it clearer to the Bug Squad how to verify - those labelled patch are verified with a commitish, those without by checking the result.

What do you consider a "patch"?  Your terminology is not clear to me.

Carl

I would be happy with "an issue which has been raised by pushing a patch to Rietveld with git-cl"; an alternative would be an issue where the only simple way to verify is to check the commitish has been pushed - but for simplicity would go with the first.

--
Phil Holmes