Re: Changes to allow compiling with -Werror using gcc 4.6.2 on i386. (is

From: md5i . mail
Subject: Re: Changes to allow compiling with -Werror using gcc 4.6.2 on i386. (issue 5489092)
Date: Wed, 21 Dec 2011 02:56:38 +0000

http://codereview.appspot.com/5489092/diff/1/lily/parser.yy
File lily/parser.yy (right):

http://codereview.appspot.com/5489092/diff/1/lily/parser.yy#newcode36
lily/parser.yy:36: /* Define to get rid of conversion warning, int ->
int16_t.  This has
On 2011/12/20 08:32:27, dak wrote:
I think the side effect of significantly increasing the parse table
size here is
disproportionate.

We should look for other remedies.

I'd love to see another solution, but this was the only good one I was
able to find.  The problem is the part of the resulting parser.cc that
reads:

  yysetstate:
    *yyssp = yystate;

yyssp is a yytype_int16*, and yystate is int.  yytype_int16 can be
changed via the YYTYPE_INT16 macro, but the int cannot be.  Why is it an
int?  I don't know.  From how it is used in the code I see no reason it
should not be a yytype_int16 as well.  Unfortunately, I could not figure
out to make this happen, short of postprocessing the resulting parser.cc
file.

Otherwise, the only solution I can think of for this is to exempt
parser.cc from -Werror.

http://codereview.appspot.com/5489092/