Re: Changes to allow compiling with -Werror using gcc 4.6.2 on i386. (is

From: dak
Subject: Re: Changes to allow compiling with -Werror using gcc 4.6.2 on i386. (issue 5489092)
Date: Tue, 20 Dec 2011 08:28:58 +0000

On 2011/12/20 03:55:59, Carl wrote:

Personally, I see no reason to use I64 instead of int.  Neil Puttock
changed the
numerator and denominators to be I64 in 2008, with commit
be65b81068e99ed855334f332c3176d8b4942a11

I don't think that research on the history of such changes should be
holding up a general maintenance patch like this one.  The purpose of
the maintenance patch is to make matters consistent, not to revisit
single design decisions.  I don't think we ever kept Graham from
applying an indentation patch because we did not like some of the code
he indented.

That does not mean that one should just keep quiet if one is surprised
by some of our code, but rather that one should file an independent
issue.  The issue of Neil's decision does not lie in md5i's
responsibility.

http://codereview.appspot.com/5489092/