Re: Changes to allow compiling with -Werror using gcc 4.6.2 on i386. (is

From: Carl . D . Sorensen
Subject: Re: Changes to allow compiling with -Werror using gcc 4.6.2 on i386. (issue 5489092)
Date: Tue, 20 Dec 2011 03:55:59 +0000

This patch will collide with the outstanding patch fixing beaming, as
the variables have changed and are treated as int.

Personally, I see no reason to use I64 instead of int.  Neil Puttock
changed the numerator and denominators to be I64 in 2008, with commit
be65b81068e99ed855334f332c3176d8b4942a11

The patch message shows no reason for doing so, but he changed several
files from int to I64.

Neil, can you shed some light on this?  It seems to me unlikely that we
need I64 precision in any of these variables.

http://codereview.appspot.com/5489092/