Re: Changes to allow compiling with -Werror using gcc 4.6.2 on i386. (is

From: Graham Percival
Subject: Re: Changes to allow compiling with -Werror using gcc 4.6.2 on i386. (issue 5489092)
Date: Tue, 20 Dec 2011 08:27:07 -0800

On Tue, Dec 20, 2011 at 02:52:34AM +0000, address@hidden wrote:

> In point of fact, I found no additional errors when running make check.
> Please understand, though, that I have a 32-bit machine.  Other warnings
> may pup up with a 64-bit compile.

hmm, was this with
  -Wextra -Wconversion -Werror
?
clang definitely finds more warnings, but I recall that gcc has a
bunch of additional warnings that aren't enable with -Wextra.  :(

Anyway, that's no reason to hold off on this patch (if David's
concerns about the parser can be resolved).  Simply being able to
compile with plain old
  -Werror
would still be a good step forward; we can slowly add -Wextra and
various other -W options over time.