Re: somebody needs to run staging before 29 Jan

From: Reinhold Kainhofer
Subject: Re: somebody needs to run staging before 29 Jan
Date: Mon, 30 Jan 2012 14:21:35 +0100

On 2012-01-30 12:59, David Kastrup wrote:
Graham Percival<address@hidden>  writes:

On Mon, Jan 30, 2012 at 12:47:11PM +0100, David Kastrup wrote:
The test-patches.py script can likely make use of the techniques in
lilypond-patchy-staging.ly with regard to doing an offside build with a
defined starting point not relying on whatever happens to be checked out
in the main repository.
Don't get confused here.  Don't scare people away from doing the
staging-merge by talking about test-patches.py.

test-patches.py is a completely different problem than the staging
merge.  I agree that a solution for test-patches.py should be
found, but that's not as urgent, nor as TRIVIALLY easy to fix, as
the fact that you are the only person running the staging-merge at
the moment.
I am not sure what the problem is with anybody else running it.  You
call it, and it complains about LILYPOND_GIT not being set.  Then you
call
LILYPOND_GIT=/usr/local/tmp/lilypond
/usr/local/tmp/lilypond-extra/patches/lilypond-patchy-staging.py
(assuming that your full repository copy is in /usr/local/tmp/lilypond)
and it complains that the configuration in ~/.lilypond-patchy-config is
wrong.  You call a text editor and insert directories and paths suitable
to your system in that file, and that is about it.

I can run it regularly (i.e. a cron job) on my office machine (recently got a really fast quad-core system), which is up 24/7 and doesn't have too much load otherwise. I don't know how much time I'll have to set it up, though.

Cheers,
Reinhold

 * Financial&  Actuarial Math., Vienna Univ. of Technology, Austria
 * http://www.fam.tuwien.ac.at/, DVR: 0005886