Re: make dist broken

From: Graham Percival
Subject: Re: make dist broken
Date: Wed, 15 Feb 2012 19:08:25 +0000

On Wed, Feb 15, 2012 at 07:03:36PM -0000, Phil Holmes wrote:
> Well - that's clearly down to my adding those files to .git.  What
> does make dist do?

It, or rather make distcheck, makes sure that the source tarball
matches the actual source.  But I don't know exactly what GUB
calls, so don't bother looking for the precise "make distcheck".

Instead, look at how the other languages are handled in
Documentation/GNUmakefile, and do the same thing for your three
new languages.  Or maybe look at Documentation/??/GNUmakefile.
One of those would be it.