Re: make dist broken

From: Graham Percival
Subject: Re: make dist broken
Date: Wed, 15 Feb 2012 19:20:31 +0000

On Wed, Feb 15, 2012 at 07:14:53PM -0000, Phil Holmes wrote:
> So - presumably make dist creates the tarball, and as part of it, it
> calls make distcheck to compare the tarball with the source tree.
> Does that sound sensible?

In normal unix packages, 'make dist' createa a tarball, then 'make
distcheck' expands the tarball, runs configure make make clean,
then compares the result.  Something like that.

Look, the "make dist broken" is just a subject line that I typed.
I can't remember the exact message the GUB gave, but it's the
usual one that happens whenever people add a new translation.
Search the mailing list archives to see me complaining about it in
the past, as well as explaining how to fix it.  And/or look for
such messages in the git commit log.  Something like "fix make
dist" or "build: dist fix" should probably find the right commits.