Re: make dist broken

From: Phil Holmes
Subject: Re: make dist broken
Date: Wed, 15 Feb 2012 19:14:53 -0000

----- Original Message ----- From: "Graham Percival" <address@hidden>
To: "Phil Holmes" <address@hidden>
Cc: <address@hidden>
Sent: Wednesday, February 15, 2012 7:08 PM

On Wed, Feb 15, 2012 at 07:03:36PM -0000, Phil Holmes wrote:
Well - that's clearly down to my adding those files to .git.  What
does make dist do?

It, or rather make distcheck, makes sure that the source tarball
matches the actual source.  But I don't know exactly what GUB
calls, so don't bother looking for the precise "make distcheck".

Instead, look at how the other languages are handled in
Documentation/GNUmakefile, and do the same thing for your three
new languages.  Or maybe look at Documentation/??/GNUmakefile.
One of those would be it.

- Graham

So - presumably make dist creates the tarball, and as part of it, it calls make distcheck to compare the tarball with the source tree. Does that sound sensible?

--
Phil Holmes