Re: GSoC - continue: answer to Google's question

From: Łukasz Czerwiński
Subject: Re: GSoC - continue: answer to Google's question
Date: Fri, 17 Feb 2012 18:55:57 +0100

2012/2/16 Janek Warchoł <address@hidden>
What steps will you take to encourage students to interact with your
project's community before, during and after the program?
   Before: we assing them a person (not necessarily the mentor) who
will give them "a short tour". we also invite them to reviewing our
own code, pointing them to bugfixes of adequate sophistication.
   During: all their changes will be reviewed online, available to
whole dev team (lots of feedback)
   After: ask them if they want to become mentors (at next GSoC or in
general), suggest other issues to be done that correspond with their
skills

After: ask them to stay on lilypond-devel and get involved in patching bugs and writing enchancements.

Łukasz