Re: 30 day webathon for kickstarter support (issue 6068045)

From: Graham Percival
Subject: Re: 30 day webathon for kickstarter support (issue 6068045)
Date: Thu, 19 Apr 2012 18:10:42 +0100

On Thu, Apr 19, 2012 at 04:40:08PM +0200, David Kastrup wrote:
> address@hidden writes:
>
> > We have a sweet plug in the project video for GNU LilyPond and I was
> > wondering if I could strike up a partnership with LilyPond to put a link
> > to the project on the LilyPond front page for the duration of the
> > Kickstarter fundraising drive (30 days).

No.

> I probably should be the last person to complain, but I would consider
> that inappropriate.

I don't think you should be the last person to complain -- after
careful discussion and negotiation, we settled on having a
"sponsoring" page under community.  A proposal to have a personal,
non-lilypond-specific, advertizement on the main website page goes
far beyond that.  In some ways I think you should be the *first*
person to complain!

> What I would suggest is that you write up a short article about your
> tour and your use of LilyPond, mention the Kickstarter campaign, and
> publish the article in the next LilyPond Report.

+1
that's what we made David do.

You have the added advantage that if Valentin is dragging his
heels on the report, you can track him down and physically force
him to release it.  You're bigger than him.  :)