Re: 30 day webathon for kickstarter support (issue 6068045)

From: Graham Percival
Subject: Re: 30 day webathon for kickstarter support (issue 6068045)
Date: Thu, 26 Apr 2012 07:07:11 +0100

I like the content of the announcement.

I still don't like the idea of manually editing index.html.  I was
expecting/hoping for something like

Documentation/web/twits.txt:
-----
The Ensemble 101 is going on a European tour where they'll sing
music typeset using LilyPond.  Click <a target=\"_blank\"
\href=\"http://www.ensemble101.fr\";>here</a> to learn more!
-----
The Birmingham Amateur Theatre is presenting "Penzance Pirates",
starring our documentation editor Trevor Daniels as the talking lion![1]
-----
Project manager Graham Percival has successfully defended his PhD
thesis.  Only two days of edits left to go before he hands in the
final version![2]
-----
Valentin is trying soy milk with his cereal.  Still on the fence
about it.[3]
-----

and then the javascript would parse that file.  I'm not picky
about the file format (it could be "each line is a separate
announcement; lines can be up to 256 chars long" since that's
probably easier to handle in javascript).

[1] this is (probably) not true.
[3] this is (definitely) not true.
[2] joke blantly stolen from Canadian politics.  Also, probably
not true.

- Graham