Re: announcing things like Mike's tour in News column?

From: address@hidden
Subject: Re: announcing things like Mike's tour in News column?
Date: Wed, 25 Apr 2012 12:00:43 +0200

On 25 avr. 2012, at 11:53, Graham Percival wrote:

If you really really want to have fluff pieces on the main
lilypond website, I could imagine us using the top right-hand
corner (Mike's "wasted space") for twitter-like announcements of
concerts and editions.  Or maybe even using the entire right-hand
sidebar (and moving the "quick links" horizontally between the
"what is lilypond" and the news).
Alternately, the top-right corner could just be a link to the
latestlilypond report.

I'm a fan!  I think the no-man's-land @ the top right can be used for all sorts of announcements no longer than a tweet: new LilyPond reports, concert, tours, engraving projects, etc..  It can be a rotating thing so that every time someone signs on, something different pops up.  I can implement that in 10 minutes if people are down.  Then, the "news" bit can just be about releases.  It can even be renamed to "release news" so as not to be confused with "news news."

Cheers,
MS