Re: announcing things like Mike's tour in News column?

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Re: announcing things like Mike's tour in News column?
Date: Wed, 25 Apr 2012 12:05:43 +0200

> On Tue, Apr 24, 2012 at 09:33:03PM +0200, Janek Warchoł wrote:
>> On Fri, Apr 20, 2012 at 11:54 PM, Graham Percival
>> <address@hidden> wrote:
>
>> Well then, let's have some important project news posted. I'll write a
>> note about GSoC,
>
> yes.
>
>> and i think we can make an announcement when Mike&Joe
>> finish new skylines - that's a fairly important project news.
>
> No.  Information like that goes into the Changes document.

Once it is finished, it will go there.  It is still newsworthy beyond a
technical notice, and certainly would also warrant an article (LR or
somewhere else) even while being work in progress.  It is not like that
we can't use more proofreaders on changes like that.

>> Another example: a new edition (created using LilyPond) of some
>> significant work is released (for example something similar to Open
>> Goldberg Variations) - i'd say that it's important news for the
>> project itself.
>
> I don't agree.

We do list some items of that sort somewhere, I believe.