Re: GUB build diary

From: Graham Percival
Subject: Re: GUB build diary
Date: Sat, 2 Jun 2012 12:41:28 +0100

On Sat, Jun 02, 2012 at 11:03:04AM +0100, Colin Hall wrote:
> I've done a little more work, see attached.
>
> Any suggestions on how to debug the netpbm script would be welcome.

right.  Oops, I'd forgotten about this until just now:

That's pretty much all I know about this, though.  The next stage
in the investigation would be to remove all traces of netpbm (lock
files, hashes, downloaded tarballs, build directories, etc), run
make lilypond, then try to see exactly where it fails.  Adding
print statements to gub/specs/netpbm.py may help.

> Are we still in touch with the original authors of this build system?

Yes and no.  Most of the work was done by Jan, who is still around
occasionally, but I don't think he's a regular reader of -devel
any more.