Re: GUB build diary

From: Graham Percival
Subject: Re: GUB build diary
Date: Sat, 2 Jun 2012 16:40:53 +0100

On Fri, Jun 01, 2012 at 11:47:38PM +0100, Colin Hall wrote:
> On Fri, Jun 01, 2012 at 06:04:55PM +0100, Graham Percival wrote:
> >   It would be really nice if we could identify+fix any links
> >   to Jan's version, to avoid other people getting caught by this
> >   trap.
>
> I find:
>
> http://lilypond.org/gub/lilypond
> http://lilypond.org/gub/

ick, I forgot about those.  Could you add a Type-maintainability
issue to fix those?

> > - Is this build on x86 or 64 ?
>
> It is running on a VirtualBox VM which is 32-bit:
> $ uname -a
> Linux colin-laptop 2.6.32-26-generic #48-Ubuntu SMP Wed Nov 24 09:00:03 UTC
> 2010 i686 GNU/Linux
>
> The host is Win7 64-bit.

huh, thanks!  It might be nice to have a list of "success cases"
for lilydev; I've heard conflicting reports of whether it works
within a VM or not.

Could you add that to the CG page about building GUB, listing
- Dell optiplex 760 (with core 2 quad), running 32-bit ubuntu 10.04
- win7 64-bit, running lilydev 2.6 (?) inside virtualbox 32-bit
- whatever Phil and/or James have, if they can also report success

no rush, especially since proposing a patch for lilypond git has a
completely separate process than proposing a patch for gub git. :(