Re: GUB unofficial release still relevant?

From: Graham Percival
Subject: Re: GUB unofficial release still relevant?
Date: Sat, 2 Jun 2012 16:28:46 +0100

On Sat, Jun 02, 2012 at 12:55:20PM +0100, Colin Hall wrote:
> On Sat, Jun 02, 2012 at 12:44:53PM +0100, Graham Percival wrote:
> > On Sat, Jun 02, 2012 at 12:30:18PM +0100, Colin Hall wrote:
> > >
> > > I've just created fresh binaries with GUB. Previously [1] you suggested
> > > uploading these to create an unofficial release.
> > >
> > > Still of interest?
> >
> > As a general note, yes.  Right at the moment with 2.16 hopefully
> > in three days, I think it would only create confusion to advertize
> > an unofficial release.
>
> Fine, that was the response I expected.

release countdown is cancelled due to
so if you've got some server space, an unofficial release would be
great.

I've just merged master into release/unstable, so a new build
should be listed at 2.15.40, to avoid confusion with the existing
2.15.39.  That said, it would be awesome if you renamed the
binaries before uploading them to your server -- something like
  lilypond-2.15.39-colin-1.linux-x86.sh
would be fantastic.  To do this easily, I highly recommend
  sudo apt-get install gprename
  cd ~/gub/uploads/
  gprename
and follow the GUI.