Re: GUB unofficial release still relevant?

From: Graham Percival
Subject: Re: GUB unofficial release still relevant?
Date: Sat, 2 Jun 2012 19:49:40 +0100

On Sat, Jun 02, 2012 at 08:37:48PM +0200, David Kastrup wrote:
> > Ok.  Alternately, you could only put up a few binaries (say,
> > darwin-x86, mingw, linux-x86, and linux-64).  Also, advertizing it
> > on lilypond-user as unofficial binaries will probably get you
> > between 10 and 100 downloads in total.
>
> Are you also counting the web crawlers picking this up from the web
> presentations of the mailing lists?

No, but I'm assuming that Colin would delete the unofficial
binaries after a few days (a week at most) and then the web
crawlers would just be pointing at empty links.

If there's a serious concern about polluting web indices with
invalid links, then he could rename them to be
  lilypond-2.15.40-unofficial-colin-1.linux-x86.sh
but I think that's getting a bit over the top.