Re: GUB unofficial release still relevant?

From: Graham Percival
Subject: Re: GUB unofficial release still relevant?
Date: Sat, 2 Jun 2012 12:44:53 +0100

On Sat, Jun 02, 2012 at 12:30:18PM +0100, Colin Hall wrote:

> I've just created fresh binaries with GUB. Previously [1] you suggested
> uploading these to create an unofficial release.
>
> Still of interest?

As a general note, yes.  Right at the moment with 2.16 hopefully
in three days, I think it would only create confusion to advertize
an unofficial release.

Mind waiting a week, then having an unofficial release of 2.17.0
or .1 ?  or if there's any type-Critical issue with the current
release candidate, then the clock resets so we may as well have an
unofficial release.