Re: Stable release.

From: Graham Percival
Subject: Re: Stable release.
Date: Tue, 26 Jun 2012 08:24:40 +0100

On Mon, Jun 25, 2012 at 11:07:38PM +0200, David Kastrup wrote:
> > The release blocking issues could be fixed with minor reverts.
>
> The usual release blockers are not revertible.  Even if the current set
> is get cleared out, history tells us that the time window of two weeks
> after unstable release is unlikely to finish before the next detected
> regression.

Well, we had at least a week when the only release-critical bug
was the po-replace translation thing.  It's a bit silly that we
couldn't have a release due to a 5-line texinfo documentation
thing, and in retrospect I should have done a "hostile revert"
(especially since the commit in question didn't go through any
review or countdown).  But since the developer survey was coming
up, I didn't want to open any new wounds.  Also, I was more sick
of arguments than normal, so again I didn't want to start a new
fight.

In hindsight I should have reverted it.  And if there's no clear
offer to fix it before tomorrow, I'll revert it anyway.