Re: Implement \hidden/\hide as a shorthands for \tweak/override #'\stenc

From: Graham Percival
Subject: Re: Implement \hidden/\hide as a shorthands for \tweak/override #'\stencil = ##f (issue 6443087)
Date: Wed, 12 Sep 2012 18:29:32 -0700

On Thu, Sep 13, 2012 at 12:06:12AM +0000, address@hidden wrote:
> How do we expect them to know whether to use \override or \tweak?

I actually don't know.  However, there's nothing in the word
"hide" that brings to mind "tweak" to me.  I suppose that we could
argue that \hide goes with \tweak because they're both the shorter
command, but that seems really weak.  (and also it's the opposite
of the current patch)

What about \hideOverride and \hideTweak ?  or \hideGrob vs.
\hideWhateverElse ?
(not serious suggestions, just thinking out loud)

Ultimately, I really wish that we could end up with a single
\modify command, merging \override \tweak \set \overrideProperty.
But until/unless that happens, I think that giving users a bit
more of a hint than \hidden \hide would be good.