Re: [GLISS] non-timed or non-musical events "z" "y"

From: Werner LEMBERG
Subject: Re: [GLISS] non-timed or non-musical events "z" "y"
Date: Thu, 13 Sep 2012 20:26:40 +0200 (CEST)

> [...]
>
> This is a quantum leap backwards in making LilyPond and Scheme
> expressions and variables and functions and arguments in the parser
> work and combine in a predictable manner.
>
> I am working hard on stopping the Scheme layer from being something
> entirely different and interacting in unpredictable ways with
> LilyPond depending on where variables and function arguments start
> and end.
>
> I really don't get why people are keen on destroying all progress we
> have made regarding a straightforward relation between Scheme and
> LilyPond.

David, please relax.  I've typeset hundreds of pages with lilypond,
including complicated piano and organ music; I don't lightly suggest
syntactic stuff just to annoy you.  Graham's and my suggestions are
very restrictive, and we are just playing around with possible syntax
forms.  It would be tremendously helpful if you can show possible
syntax *alternatives* instead of just pretending to be a naysayer.

    Werner