Re: [GLISS] - alternative viewpoint

From: Phil Holmes
Subject: Re: [GLISS] - alternative viewpoint
Date: Sat, 15 Sep 2012 10:53:11 +0100

----- Original Message ----- From: "David Kastrup" <address@hidden>
To: <address@hidden>
Sent: Saturday, September 15, 2012 9:20 AM

"Phil Holmes" <address@hidden> writes:

And getting rid of case-sensitivity in a lot of this?

You need to elaborate.  It is not clear what you mean with that, and
what kind of remedy you envision.

\new Staff works. \New staff doesn't. There's no reason for that - we don't have two separate \new \New commands that do different things, nor two contexts Staff and staff that are different. Worse is that \slurUp works but only with that precise casing. TBH this specific one doesn't cause me worry, since I remember it, but there are much more arcane casings that I have to refer to the manual to find - so I can remember the command, but not the casing! From a user perspective, it would be much simpler if everything they write was ToLower()-ed before further processing.

--
Phil Holmes