Re: [GLISS] non-timed or non-musical events "z" "y"

From: Werner LEMBERG
Subject: Re: [GLISS] non-timed or non-musical events "z" "y"
Date: Wed, 26 Sep 2012 15:52:27 +0200 (CEST)

>> at =
>> #(define-music-function (parser location time event music)
>>   (ly:duration? ly:music? ly:music?)
>>   "Place @var{event} at a relative duration @var{time} in relation
>> to @var{music}."
>>   #{ << { \skip $time <>$event } $music >> #})
>>
>> {
>>   \at 4 \<
>>   \at 1*2/3 \!
>>   c'1\p
>> }
>
> [12 days later, and no followup again]
>
> Let's just continue pretending me to be a naysayer then.

Hehe.  Sorry for not answering (I was busy, and then I forgot), and
thanks for resending the example.  While I can see that this works,
I'm not getting comfortable with the notation.  I still favor
something like

  c'1-{...}

regardless of its impossibility :-) Maybe things change in the future,
and we can reconsider the whole issue then.

    Werner