Re: [GLISS] non-timed or non-musical events "z" "y"

From: Reinhold Kainhofer
Subject: Re: [GLISS] non-timed or non-musical events "z" "y"
Date: Wed, 26 Sep 2012 15:08:21 +0200

On 26/09/2012 14:34, David Kastrup wrote:
> David Kastrup <address@hidden> writes:

>>> It seems I've missed that, lost in the many examples you've given to
>>> demonstrate what doesn't work.
>>> Please repeat.
>> Sigh.
>>
>> at =
>> #(define-music-function (parser location time event music)
>>   (ly:duration? ly:music? ly:music?)
>>   "Place @var{event} at a relative duration @var{time} in relation
>> to @var{music}."
>>   #{ << { \skip $time <>$event } $music >> #})
>>
>> {
>>   \at 4 \<
>>   \at 1*2/3 \!
>>   c'1\p
>> }
> [12 days later, and no followup again]
>
> Let's just continue pretending me to be a naysayer then.

You demonstrated that a solution is possible, but quite inconsistent with
the lilypond language: You have to write the dynamic BEFORE the note,
although it should be printed AFTER the note...

In your example, what you want is note with "p", hairpin start, hairpin
end. But what you have to write is hairpin start, hairpin end, note with
"p".

So, yes, such hacks as workarounds are certainly possible, but IMO they
currently don't really fit well with the general concepts of the lilypond
language (i.e. all dynamics are written using postfix notation)...

Cheers,
Reinhold

Reinhold Kainhofer, address@hidden, http://www.kainhofer.com
 * http://www.fam.tuwien.ac.at/, DVR: 0005886