Re: [talk] why it'd be great to have web interface for submittingsimple

From: Joseph Rushton Wakeling
Subject: Re: [talk] why it'd be great to have web interface for submittingsimple doc patches
Date: Sat, 06 Oct 2012 17:32:43 +0200

On 10/06/2012 05:21 PM, Phil Holmes wrote:
Unfortunately, testing that docs compile cleanly takes about 15 times as long as
code, so it's not for the underpowered or faint hearted.  Used to be 2 3/4 hours
on my virtual machine.

Yes, true. The from-scratch build time for docs is pretty hefty, though from my memory once you've got it built _once_, building an edited version takes much less time. The build system improvements that came in a while ago (am I right this was your work?) made it much better than it was a few years back.