Re: [proposal] easy triplets and tuplets - Draft 2

From: Keith OHara
Subject: Re: [proposal] easy triplets and tuplets - Draft 2
Date: Sat, 06 Oct 2012 16:24:21 -0700

Ian Hulin <ian <at> hulin.org.uk> writes:

There will be new commands to supplement (or eventually replace) the
current \times command.
1. \tuplet n/m {<music expression>}

This should be relatively easy to implement by adding declarations to
music-functions-init.ly.

It is quite easy, so we can try it out with the attached file.

I did implement the fraction as an optional argument, so that \tuplet {} is a
triplet (although I don't like the optional argument).

I didn't implement an optional argument for tupletSpannerDuration because I
found it awkward to save and reset the old value (if any) after the tuplet
group is over.

I find \tuplet4 easier to understand than \quadruplet