Re: [Parser] Lookahead in music function arguments

From: Keith OHara
Subject: Re: [Parser] Lookahead in music function arguments
Date: Mon, 8 Oct 2012 07:51:56 +0000 (UTC)

Werner LEMBERG <wl <at> gnu.org> writes:

> > I lean towards letting numbers in function arguments just evaluate
> > to themselves, never mind units.

Sensible.

> +1.  However, it should be documented, together with the work-around.

It was only a couple months ago that David allowed  3\cm  to be used as a
number within music.   Formerly it was allowed only in \paper {indent=3\cm}
and other such blocks.

Only people reading this mailing list knew about it, none has said they
use it, and I cannot imagine anyone else has stumbled upon it and started
to use it.  So there is nothing to document and no desired behavior for
which to provide a work-around.