Re: [proposal] easy triplets and tuplets - Draft 3

From: Werner LEMBERG
Subject: Re: [proposal] easy triplets and tuplets - Draft 3
Date: Tue, 09 Oct 2012 23:34:59 +0200 (CEST)

> In contrast, : is being used for chord and tremolo notation.  It has
> no relation to music function arguments.  The price for using it
> would be making \tuplet a reserved word specially treated in the
> parser and dealing with the interference of : with its other
> meanings in the parser, and having the command hardwired and not
> user-serviceable and not documented as a music function.
>
> That's not a reasonable price to pay for a one-off command.

I'm not sure about the validity of your conclusion.  Writing tuplets
is such a central element of inputting music that a special treatment
is probably justified, even at the cost of hardwiring.  However, this
is nothing I suggest for immediate implementation; as mentioned in
another mail, I think this can be safely postponed.

     Werner