Re: [proposal] easy triplets and tuplets - Draft 3

From: Werner LEMBERG
Subject: Re: [proposal] easy triplets and tuplets - Draft 3
Date: Wed, 10 Oct 2012 09:15:44 +0200 (CEST)

>> We are talking about writing \tuplet 3:2 { ... } instead of \tuplet
>> 3/2 { ... } here.  Whether tuplets are central or not, this
>> single-character difference is purely cosmetic, and it is
>> well-known that obsessive-compulsive cosmetic surgery is not
>> exactly guaranteed to maximize the obtained output of beauty.
>
> Uh, it /sounds like/ you're suggesting that Werner has
> obsessive-compulsive disorder.

No, it doesn't.  Just think of who is going to do the surgery :-)

Regarding the cosmetics, I think we should always think of the user:
It is a matter of fact that triplets are either marked with a single
digit, or with a ratio like `4:3'.  I think it is not too far
stretched to expect that lilypond should follow such conventions even
in the input.

    Werner