Re: [proposal] easy triplets and tuplets - Draft 3

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Re: [proposal] easy triplets and tuplets - Draft 3
Date: Wed, 10 Oct 2012 09:04:46 +0200

Janek Warchoł <address@hidden> writes:

> On Wed, Oct 10, 2012 at 12:00 AM, David Kastrup <address@hidden> wrote:
>>> I'm not sure about the validity of your conclusion.  Writing tuplets
>>> is such a central element of inputting music that a special treatment
>>> is probably justified, even at the cost of hardwiring.
>>
>> We are talking about writing \tuplet 3:2 { ... } instead of \tuplet 3/2
>> { ... } here.  Whether tuplets are central or not, this single-character
>> difference is purely cosmetic, and it is well-known that
>> obsessive-compulsive cosmetic surgery is not exactly guaranteed to
>> maximize the obtained output of beauty.
>
> Uh, it /sounds like/ you're suggesting that Werner has
> obsessive-compulsive disorder.
>
> I'm pretty sure that's you didn't mean this, but it might be worth
> clarifying.

Well, I already met Werner in an ice parlor in Dortmund.  I hope I am
not overstepping the boundaries of politeness by expressing my belief
that I don't consider it likely that he has subjected himself to
anything approaching obsessive-compulsive amounts of cosmetic surgery,
so I hope I have not touched a sensitive spot here.