How to proceed (was: Create \temporary for doing overrides ...)

From: Werner LEMBERG
Subject: How to proceed (was: Create \temporary for doing overrides ...)
Date: Mon, 15 Oct 2012 21:38:14 +0200 (CEST)

Friends,

we've now had zillions of e-mails without coming to a concensus.
David has shown extreme patience in discussing all aspects, and I want
to have at least *some* outcome.  It must extremely frustrating for
him to see that everybody picks his code and suggestion into pieces
without being able to actually contribute code.  In other words, we
have one musician and a lot of conductors.

It seems that we have to agree to disagree, not finding a solution
right now.  The question is how to proceed.

My suggestion is to stop the discussion now and to let David work as
he thinks is best, bringing lilypond into a shape which makes it
easier to modify later on.

    Werner