Re: [translations] Re: 2.18 release plans (again).

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Re: [translations] Re: 2.18 release plans (again).
Date: Tue, 29 Oct 2013 09:43:04 +0100

Julien Rioux <address@hidden> writes:

> On 27/10/2013 2:09 PM, Janek Warchoł wrote:
>> That's good, but the most irritating thing about this patch is not
>> that i have to solve merge conflicts.  I'm mainly irritated because a
>> piece of solid code (maybe it's not as solid as i think, but to know
>> that i need _reviews_) is laying dormant for *half a year*, which
>> prohibits me from working on some other stuff.  I would really like to
>> get some of my GSoC work finished and merged into master, and this
>> patch is a first step for that.
>>

> I'm curious, why is this issue set to Patch-waiting? I think generally
> people hardly ever have enough time to look at Patch-countdown issues,
> so a Patch-waiting issue would definitely not get much attention.

Well, that's what Janek complained about.  It's more or less a
consequence of our grading system: "Patch-review" means "slated to move
to countdown" and "Patch-Countdown" means "slated to move to
Patch-push".  We could possibly add some additional tag "For_2_18" or
"For_2_18_1" which would signal to the Patch meister not to move the
respective patch on countdown before we are in the respective phase for
admitting the patch.

I'm not sure it would gather much more review, but it probably sends a
better message.  I'm not sure how much it would increase the workload of
the Patch meister if too many of those outstanding Patch-review items
pile up.