Re: [translations] Re: 2.18 release plans (again).

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Re: [translations] Re: 2.18 release plans (again).
Date: Sun, 27 Oct 2013 12:04:09 +0100

Janek Warchoł <address@hidden> writes:

> 2013/10/26 David Kastrup <address@hidden>:
>> I've now pushed stable/2.18 and synchronized translations to it.
>> I hereby declare the stable/2.18 branch my sole property, to be ruled
>> over dictatorially.  As long as nobody else pushes to it without my
>> permission, I pledge to keep and lead it to releasable state to the best
>> of my conscience and abilities.  Translations may merge from it (and
>> should not be merged from master until stated otherwise).
>
> Ok, thanks!
> So, we can slowly get back to discussing unstable material unless it's
> not very disruptive, or would you like us to wait a moment?

Discussion is never a problem.  Anything requiring convert-ly changes is
on hold to master for practical reasons (version number monotonicity).

Anything requiring extensive documentation changes (except the
English-only CG) will be a nuisance when translation is moved back to
master.  Extensive changes (like replacing data types with something
else in a non-blackbox manner or refactoring modules/files) are also not
commendable.

There is a lot that would be desirable in the course of finishing the
release: proofreading the manual for accuracy, going through all the
Fixed_2_17_* tags and checking that all major important features and
changes are covered in Documentation/changes.tely.