Re: [translations] Re: 2.18 release plans (again).

From: Janek Warchoł
Subject: Re: [translations] Re: 2.18 release plans (again).
Date: Sun, 27 Oct 2013 12:53:28 +0100

2013/10/27 David Kastrup <address@hidden>:
> Janek Warchoł <address@hidden> writes:
>
>> 2013/10/26 David Kastrup <address@hidden>:
>>> I've now pushed stable/2.18 and synchronized translations to it.
>>> I hereby declare the stable/2.18 branch my sole property, to be ruled
>>> over dictatorially.  As long as nobody else pushes to it without my
>>> permission, I pledge to keep and lead it to releasable state to the best
>>> of my conscience and abilities.  Translations may merge from it (and
>>> should not be merged from master until stated otherwise).
>>
>> Ok, thanks!
>> So, we can slowly get back to discussing unstable material unless it's
>> not very disruptive, or would you like us to wait a moment?
>
> Discussion is never a problem.  Anything requiring convert-ly changes is
> on hold to master for practical reasons (version number monotonicity).

So, would it be possible to get issue 3239 reviewed?  It's waiting for
half a year, and solving merge conflicts when i rebase it gets
irritating.
It's a rewrite of Self_alignment_interface, making it easier to align
grobs in various ways.  I think that it's self-contained, shouldn't
introduce regressions (as it doesn't change the logic of calculating
alignment) and it can be written in a way that doesn't require
convert-ly.
And a few other issues depend on it, as you can see.
(please don't look at the tracker description, it's outdated and i
cannot change it. Look at the Rietveld description
https://codereview.appspot.com/7768043/ or commit messages).

Note that i don't ask you to review it *now* - i just want to know if
there is a possibility of getting it reviewed soon.  If so, i'd first
review it myself, but if it won't get reviewed for another 3 months,
there'd be no point in me wasting time for working on it.

best,
Janek