Re: Alternative Quarter Rest

From: Werner LEMBERG
Subject: Re: Alternative Quarter Rest
Date: Sun, 30 Nov 2014 07:53:17 +0100 (CET)

> The second draft is attached.  I found no other examples online
> (maybe I’m lazy) so I interpreted a little.

IMSLP is your friend; there you should also get scans with better
resolution.  Here the vocal score of `Don Pasquale' (Ricordi, 1870),
with a slightly different design of the quarter rest, having a
transition form to the modern shape:

  http://imslp.org/wiki/Special:ImagefromIndex/141736

> The scan made it look like the rests were touching the staff lines,
> but I didn’t like that, so I left a little room.

Much better, thanks!

    Werner