Re: Possible tweaks to the appearance of the website

From: Phil Holmes
Subject: Re: Possible tweaks to the appearance of the website
Date: Sun, 4 Jan 2015 16:10:24 -0000

----- Original Message ----- From: "Paul Morris" <address@hidden>
To: <address@hidden>
Sent: Sunday, January 04, 2015 3:32 PM

Greetings LilyPond developers,

[snip explanations]

Paul,

I would say that some of the changes are a matter of personal aesthetics, and so it's not possible to say which is better: it's just taste. And if you say that much of this is tidying and improving, then I wouldn't object. However, there are some proposals that I don't think are goers. I've attached 3 screenshots as illustration: 2 from Chrome (before and after) and one from IE9 (after).

The major issue is that the nav bar is not present in IE. I understand IE9 is out of date, but many people use and prefer it over later versions, and for some applications you can't upgrade and have them still work. So we do need a web site that works in IE9.

In chrome, I prefer the little Lily icon, and we seem to have lost the music image in the background, which I also quite liked.

--
Phil Holmes