Re: Possible tweaks to the appearance of the website

From: Paul Morris
Subject: Re: Possible tweaks to the appearance of the website
Date: Sun, 4 Jan 2015 09:39:53 -0700 (MST)

Thanks for your thoughts Phil.  More below...

Phil Holmes-2 wrote
> I would say that some of the changes are a matter of personal aesthetics,
> and so it's not possible to say which is better: it's just taste.  And if
> you say that much of this is tidying and improving, then I wouldn't
> object.
> However, there are some proposals that I don't think are goers.  I've
> attached 3 screenshots as illustration: 2 from Chrome (before and after)
> and
> one from IE9 (after).
>
> The major issue is that the nav bar is not present in IE.  I understand
> IE9
> is out of date, but many people use and prefer it over later versions, and
> for some applications you can't upgrade and have them still work.  So we
> do
> need a web site that works in IE9.

I totally agree.  I just hadn't seen this, as I hadn't tested it on IE yet.
(I have to make a trip to the library to access a windows machine for this.)
So definitely, this would need to be fixed, which shouldn't be difficult
(knock on wood).

Phil Holmes-2 wrote
> In chrome, I prefer the little Lily icon, and we seem to have lost the
> music
> image in the background, which I also quite liked.

I mentioned my take on these things in my previous message, but as you say,
much of this stuff comes down to personal aesthetics, so if the decision is
to keep one or both of the lily icon and background music image, then so be
it.

Cheers,
-Paul