Re: Reduce size of PDF files when inc. in *TeX docs (issue 194090043 by

From: pkx166h
Subject: Re: Reduce size of PDF files when inc. in *TeX docs (issue 194090043 by address@hidden)
Date: Wed, 14 Jan 2015 10:35:15 +0000

On 2015/01/14 08:42:27, lemzwerg wrote:
Knut, *your* patch set has this, but James's version (in patch set 2)
misses it.

Yes that's true. I thought this was a 'lost in translation' error. So we
have:

    +Generate really big pdf files with as less as possible
    +optimization of font data.

but now we have the additional information

"With this patch pdfs generated by lilypond are much bigger,
    but if you include more than two of them in a TeX document and
    feed the pdfs to ghostscripts pdfwrite device, the resulting
    pdf is much smaller."

Which now makes more sense in context.

Assuming this command is acceptable (there was some comments by David K
in this thread that made me pause my format work on the patch so as not
to waste more time), then I can include it in a new patch for review.

https://codereview.appspot.com/194090043/