Re: Reduce size of PDF files when inc. in *TeX docs (issue 194090043 by

From: Knut Petersen
Subject: Re: Reduce size of PDF files when inc. in *TeX docs (issue 194090043 by address@hidden)
Date: Thu, 15 Jan 2015 14:43:04 +0100

On 15.01.2015 13:12, address@hidden wrote:

If external hyperlinks from our documentation PDF to other files stop
working, we cannot make this the default way of building our
documentation.

Indeed. Building lilypond with --bigpdfs enabled by default is a good
test for that code, nothing more, nothing less. It passes that test.

If you use pdftex, xetex, luatex or other TeX dialects that are able to
directly include pdfs produced by lilypond and if you use that feature
a lot, the --bigpdfs code will help you to reduce the file size of your
final document significantly.

Typical use would be a dissertation, a song book, etc.

cu,
 Knut