Re: Reduce size of PDF files when inc. in *TeX docs (issue 194090043 by

From: lemzwerg
Subject: Re: Reduce size of PDF files when inc. in *TeX docs (issue 194090043 by address@hidden)
Date: Thu, 15 Jan 2015 07:08:33 +0000

David's concerns are very specific to the Lilypond documentation, not
covering the general case.  Many programs simply can't process PS output
at all, so the suggestion to collect PS data that gets reduced later on
is not applicable.

The only valid alternative is to make Lilypond natively produce PDF, but
this is a long-term solution.  And it seems to me that even then we will
need a '--bigpdf' option (but implemented in a different way) to allow
optimal PDF merging later on by post-processing tools.

For this reason I vote to include Knut's work right now, since it
quickly solves the given issue in a reliable way, with the only ugliness
of having very large intermediate files.

https://codereview.appspot.com/194090043/