Re: Reduce size of PDF files when inc. in *TeX docs (issue 194090043 by

From: lemzwerg
Subject: Re: Reduce size of PDF files when inc. in *TeX docs (issue 194090043 by address@hidden)
Date: Thu, 15 Jan 2015 11:49:52 +0000

Well, we get a large size reduction even if we don't use pdfsizeopt!
Using this program is an extra bonus but not mandatory.  And you are
right, I hope that Péter fixes the reported issues, provided someone is
going to add them to the bug tracker (which hasn't happened yet, looking
at https://code.google.com/p/pdfsizeopt/issues/list).

The hyperlink issue is not related to the --bigpdf option (since it is a
bug in ghostscript), so I don't think that this is a showstopper.

Regarding your b) issue: I fully agree.  Contacting Péter might be very
helpful.  Nevertheless, this takes time.  Given that it should be
straightforward to make --bigpdf a no-op in case it is no longer useful,
I still vote for incorporating the patch.

https://codereview.appspot.com/194090043/