Re: Make Grob::name accessible to Scheme (issue 203090043 by address@hid

From: David Nalesnik
Subject: Re: Make Grob::name accessible to Scheme (issue 203090043 by address@hidden)
Date: Mon, 16 Feb 2015 13:21:32 -0600

On Mon, Feb 16, 2015 at 12:20 PM, David Kastrup <address@hidden> wrote:

> Paul Morris <address@hidden> writes:
>
> > dak wrote
> >> Paul Morris &lt;
> >
> >> paul@

> >> How would it differ from the existing grob::has-interface
> >
> > Um... oops, I guess it wouldn't...  Never mind, I just didn't know
> > about grob::has-interface. (I usually just look on the
> > internals/scheme-functions manual page for this kind of thing.)
>
> That only documents functions written in C++.  We don't really have a
> reasonably complete compendium of user-accessible LilyPond programming
> resources.

This is a good argument for creating ly:grob-has-interface.  I only know
about grob::has-interface through stumbling onto it in an email.  A user
wouldn't know about it unless they saw that email from Neil Puttock (I
believe it was), saw some code inspired by it, or noticed it in
scm/output-library,scm, or wherever it is.   I've searched for it in scm
files a number of times, because its name is odd.  (I'm not even sure about
the two colons as I type this, but then again, my memory is bad.)   The
Scheme functions page would be a great place to see documentation for this.

I suppose even better would be to come up with a way to automatically
document public Scheme functions, but I wouldn't know how to do that at
this point.